Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Two Weeks...It really isn't that long...Right??

After the semi-goodness of 11 days off, here I am, back at work, back on a computer that won't have a snoopy Husband as the majority possessor. Does he know about the blog? Sorta. Do I ever want him to read it? Probably not. But I digress.

After our trigger, I went in for two rather non-eventful IUIs, on the 23rd and 24th. It was strange-there was no one at my RE's office. It felt a bit creepy for some reason. Lots of empty rooms, and just me and the receptionist in the waiting room. Fortunately, we were able to get Husband's schedule to work so he could provide his part of the equation so I could get in before everyone headed out for the break. His counts weren't spectacular, but well within normal. As the nurse said, it only takes one.

So, I get the hCG draw on Friday. I really don't know what to think. The thing that sucks about early pregnancy symptoms is that they really are pretty much identical to any PMS symptoms that one may have. Plus, since this is possibly my second time around, things will probably be different than with Son. The other part that makes it tough to discern anything different is the progesterone. I know that this stuff can make you tired, but so can pending BFP. I've been exhausted the past week or so, but what does that mean? Progesterone can also make the boobs inflate, which has happened. Since I weaned not that long ago, I still don't know what size I really am, post-nursing. Due to the drugs, however, I'm back in my pregnancy bras. Oh, and after a longish warm shower, I actually leaked a little. What gives? I haven't nursed since mid-October! What the hell does that mean?

Oh, and the last kicker. I'm not much of a dreamer. Meaning, I don't have dreams that are clearly focused on me resolving some issue that I am dealing with in my awake state. A couple of days ago, I had one where I had been subjected to tests, and I could see the printout of my results, but I couldn't actually read the words, they were all fuzzy. Being ever analytical (yes, even my dreams are boring), I decided that the longer fuzzy results said positive, and the shorter said something like null. There were around 10 lines worth. And the results were a 50/50 split. I can't even get cut a break in my dreams. This must be bothering me more than I'm consciencely aware of, because I haven't been sleeping real well in general. Lots of waking up and tossing and turning.

So, I'm on the hook until Friday. I'm a little scared of the result, either way. We have friends coming up that day to stay the weekend, so regardless, I probably won't get much of a chance to process much. They leave Sunday morning, Husband works 3-11 Sunday night, and I get on a plane for the East Coast on Monday morning. So, I will keep dragging my tired, big-boobed, highly emotional self to work each morning until 7:40 AM on Friday.

Just have to keep chanting...Its just a test cycle, its just a test cycle......


Kristina said...

Hang in there, Jen!! I know you're thinking of this as a test cycle, but I'm still pulling for you! Friday isn't so far away, I'll hope for good news for you! TTYL

pithydithy said...

I want to think that any hormonal change news is good hormonal change news! But, then, that's because I'm feeling very positive for you! I wish that Friday were here already....I'll be thinking of you!

Angie said...

Even though it is just a "test" cycle ;) I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed. I really hope that it happens first time around this time. You deserve that. I can't wait to hear how it turns out on Friday! I'm only about two weeks behind you so maybe, just maaaaybe we have a shot at going through this together. Knock on wood.

P.S. It is a full moon tonight and I should ovulate tomorrow so I'm hoping that is a good omen. Or whatever.