Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The timing of it all

After a rather perky Saturday, things have slid downhill. On Sunday, it became clear that I have finally succumbed to Son's cold, you know, the one that he has been fighting for almost two weeks now. Just one side of my face feels like it is going to explode due to it being stuffed up, so I guess that is a bonus. So, instead of happily romping through the snow yesterday, we spent it inside, trading off on who was wiping their nose. Lovely. On the upside, Son no longer is sporting that lovely green snot that always worries me. Hopefully, he is on his way out of this.

So, in conjunction with the cold, which will usually put me under the table for a couple of days under normal circumstances, the fatigue has begun to hit, full force. If this is consistent with what I went through with Son, I should be reaching full Zombie within a couple of weeks. However, if this is the trade off for avoiding the worst of the morning sickness, I'll take it. The irritating thing is that when I wake up for my more and more regular bathroom runs at night, its taking me an hour to go back to sleep. Add that to what I think was a small anxiety attack last night (I can't seem to turn my damn brain off some nights), it wasn't horribly restful. It's only 9:30 AM right now, and I could happily crawl back into bed. I've just got to gut it out until 5:00....

Other than that, I managed to schedule a few baby related appointments yesterday, so I can say that I was a little productive. I've got my last (!) appointment with my RE on the 29th for the viability ultrasound, and, pending a good result there, my first real OB appointment the following Monday with my regular OB. It's Dr. Wonderful, so I'm happy that I was able to get in with him. I know that I'll be subject to the doctor roulette wheel after this, but since I've been through quite a bit with Dr. Wonderful, I wanted to see him first.

Well, off to start wearing out the new carpet between my office and the restroom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your entry over at TLOL about being sooooo hungry and I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say I had the same thing with Lochlan.

I remember one day where I had to have some soda crackers in the parking lot of the restaurant I was going to have lunch at because I could NOT wait the 10 minutes until they brought food (it was at an almost fast food type restaurant too!!!) So, yes, being that starving is apparently normal. And it was that "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO EAT OR I'LL DIE" kind of hunger :). I hope all your appointments go well... TTYL