Friday, August 18, 2006

Told Ya!

Why is it that whenever I tell anyone (including blogland) that Son is sleeping well that the next night doesn't go so great? Why? Told ya he was messing with me. When he woke up for good this morning he was in a really good mood, so no harm, no foul I guess. I love it when I walk into his room, turn on the light, and he is just sitting there in his crib, grinning at me. Oh, and he is wearing his "Heartbreaker" onesie. Yep, this kid has got me wrapped.

So, even though I am struggling on the sleep front today, life isn't too bad. I downloaded my performance eval today, and it was actually good. I was a little nervous about it for some reason...I'm not sure why. I've actually seen my manager, let's see, twice over this reporting period. Twice. I talk to him a couple of times a week, maybe. On the up side, he lets me do what I need to do, with little to no micromanagement. On the down side, guidance it a little, well, sparse. Anyway, this is my third time around reporting to him. It's a little awkward in that we have alternated between being peers and being in a reporting relationship. I have a hard time sometimes when he gets all managerial with me-I have to stop myself from blowing it off and be compliant. I've managed to keep it on an even keel for the most part. He's home this week with his new baby (the second in the department in two weeks!), so we haven't had a chance to go over the eval like HR says we should, but I'm OK with just reading it. We've all go t so much on our plates that taking time for something so administrative just seems like a waste.

Overall, today hasn't been too bad. Here comes the weekend...Hooray!

No comments: