Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Random thoughts

I've wanted to post something, anything for the past couple of days, but I've had this burst of productivity at work that I haven't wanted to put brakes on. Son slept through for two nights in a row over the weekend, and it's amazing what it can do for a person. Lots of little stuff. Lets see.....
  • The siding guy never got our message last week about finalizing our color choices, etc. Husband talked to him this morning, so at least that is cleared up. Depending on the availability of their mason, they could start work next MONDAY!! Ack!! I have an entire shade bed on the side of the garage that needs to be dug up, moved into pots/garbage bags, and located somewhere so it doesn't all get trampled. Should be a lot of fun. We'll know a definite date sometime today. Regardless, if it is at all next week, looks like my weekend is scheduled.
  • Son woke up with a cold this morning. One of those nose masquerading as a faucet type colds. Did I mention that Son hates having his nose wiped? He was cranky last night and went to bed early, only to wake up at 10:00 and then again at 1:45. I was able to get him back down at 10:00, but nursed him at 1:45. He only stayed down until 6:30 this morning, which really wrecks havoc with my morning schedule. I thought that maybe if I left him in his crib while I showered (the shower shares a wall with his room) that he might fall back asleep for a while. Nothing doing. The highly aggravating part of it all is that he fell asleep in the car on the way to daycare. Little stinker is tired, but won't sleep. This should be a fun week. At least he only was able to leave his snot on my PJs.
  • Eliminating the night pump hasn't been too bad so far. It hasn't really even hurt that much (granted, this is only day 2). I'll get through it, but it won't stop me from complaining about it!

Now that I've got the juices flowing, I realize that I have a couple of more entries brewing. However, work is only piling up, so it's time to go and earn that paycheck. I really don't want a repeat of last night when I was sending emails at 10 PM. Not a good way to end the night.

No comments: