Saturday, August 26, 2006

The agony and the ecstasy

Agony: siding guys showed up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. I fumble to put clothes on and sprint down to the door so they don't wake Son up by ringing the freakin' doorbell again. Husband had to go into work this morning, so I'm on my own. Crap. Looking at me, the foreman asks me if he woke me up. Ummm, does the fact that one side of my face still has sheet wrinkles in it give me away? Just for the record, I'm not one of those people that looks cute a little (ok, a lot) dishelved. I just look, well, like you woke me up.

Ecstasy: All of the siding is off of the house, the house wrap is up, and they are coming back tomorrow to do the soffit and wrap the windows. If the siding vendor hadn't delivered the wrong J-channel, we may have even had siding up today. The foreman will pick up the right stuff on Monday. He told us that the house will be done by the end of the day on Monday. Husband will no longer have an excuse for the lawn looking like it needs a baler instead of a bagger.

It's been a long day, since I was solo mommy all day. Time for bed.

No comments: