Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Jinxed

After all of my enthusiasm for Son's improved sleep habits, he has proceeded to NOT sleep through since last Thursday night. Sigh. Crap. ARGH!!! Darn it, I was just starting to get used to this!!

We have, however, found the culprit. We are about 85% sure that poor little man is getting in his molars. After our two month long reprieve from teething, here we are again. Husband risked serious bodily harm last night and did some investigating in Son's mouth, and he reported back (retaining all 10 fingers, mind you), that he could feel the ridges very plainly through the gum. Poor guy. I had noticed lately that Son was gnawing on the drumstick to his drum, putting the round end all of the way back. Once again, I should have known.

The problem is, other than the fact that Son really probably doesn't feel too well, that I was getting used to getting a full nights sleep every other or third night. That hasn't happened in almost a week now, and I'm very tired. After an unfortunate makeup choice of blue shadow and liner, I looked like the walking dead yesterday. Today, I'm only being propped up by the jug-o-Diet Pepsi from the Holiday station.

I guess that all we can do is start up with the proactive dose of Tylenol before bed and see where that gets us. It seemed to help with the other teeth, so hopefully it will work here. I may even get brave and do some exploration in Son's mouth to see if any progress has been made. If I'm typing funny come tomorrow, you'll know that it didn't go well.

1 comment:

Stina said...

Try infant motrin on advil instead of Tylenol. It lasts 8 hours instead of 4. We found by giving a dose of motrin to Lochlan he'd sleep all night- even while teething. With the Tylenol he'd still wake up in the middle of the night because the tylenol wore off before he was ready to get up.

Good Luck!