Thursday, May 31, 2007

Random junk

Lots of stuff spinning in my head, and I'm headed towards all-out crabby if I don't vent. Although, knowing how today seems to be going, I could end up talking myself into a snit. Who knows.....



__________

I hate food today-and it just seems to be getting worse. Yesterday morning I got up around 5:30 to go to the bathroom (for the first time all night-hooray!), and was thirsty, so I had a small juice glass of water. I no more than got back to the bedroom, than I had to get out of bed and sprint across the hall to make it to the bathroom to throw it all back up. I've had to fight the same thing off twice today already...once right when I got up, and again at work. I'm 24 weeks people-morning sickness should not be making this marked of an appearance again.



The other part of the problem is that the comfort foods, or at least the ones that actually sound good, are pretty much verboten due to the damn GD, which has been fighting me tooth and nail lately. I just want a damn chocolate malt from the place across the street from work. Malt always calms my stomach, and was a real lifesaver during my first trimester. Yes, I'm whining. Remind me of this when I end up on insulin despite everything.

__________

My mouth hurts on the left side. I don't have a dentist to speak of, and the last one was so administratively incompetent that I simply couldn't handle going back there. Hopefully its just a fluke.

__________

Yesterday I had the unpleasant task of ratting out my boss to his boss. My manager isn't really that-it's a line on a org chart, but he really does nothing in regards to "managing" me. For the most part, I don't mind the lack of involvement, since being micro-managed drives me up the wall and through the roof. However, this is the guy who also gives me my reviews, and essentially has my career, at least internally, in his hands. When I got in yesterday morning, I had an extremely vague meeting invite in my email from the head of the department, who is located here (my manager is at a different site in a different time zone-don't ask). Being paranoid, my first instinct was to do a run-through of things in my head that I may have screwed up lately, or any other reason that I may be pulled into the VP's office. After chewing on it for half an hour, I decided that I really was just being paranoid, and that whatever it was, the VP didn't want to document it out in email.



I arrived at his office at the appointed time, ready to talk about the couple of projects that I am working on that may be of interest to him. I knew that something was up when he told me to close the door. Hmmmm. He then started asking me for my read on how my manager is doing. I had a hunch that this may be the topic, so I had thought about it. I was honest, and tried not to make it sound like I was on a crusade to bash my manager. I just told him how things were (I can literally go months without talking to him in any way, shape, or form), provided some past history, and gave basic input. This was all stuff that I had actually wanted to discuss with my manager, D, previously. Back in February, I had told him that I felt that we really needed to have an in-depth discussion, and since he hadn't been to this site in over a year, that maybe he could come here as well. He said that he would. Trip cancelled, several more promises to come, never acted upon. He finally forced me to tell him in an email that I was pregnant, and the issues are still on the table. I suppose that I could have done it all in an email, but since he very rarely responds to even those, I didn't want all of those things sitting there in print.



Apparently one of his other reports has been squawking about the same things, which prompted our VP to look into whether this was an isolated issue, or widespread among all of the direct reports. Apparently D was supposed to talk to all of his reports about how to implement a new administrative initiative at our respective sites. I have never heard about it. I feel bad, but a bit vindicated as well. I used to report directly to the VP-it could be happening again.

__________

I think my glucose meter is either broken or in dire need of recalibrating. How can I be at 140 one minute, and (literally) one minute later be at 130, from the same finger poke? Ugh. I have to fax my numbers into Dr. Wonderful this afternoon since I spaced out and forgot my little booklet at my appointment on Tuesday.

__________

Dr. Wonderful has decided to stay with his current practice (yippee!), so I won't have to worry about changing mid-stream. Only downer is that I've now lost access to any type of water birth/labor. Boo.

__________
24 week appointment went well enough. All of the normal indicators were just fine, and I'm measuring dead on. One more monthly appointment before the every other weeks start. Depending on how agahst Dr. Wonderful is when he looks at my blod sugar numbers, I may even be looking at starting NSTs in a month. Good God, I'm really going to be having a baby. Soon. Disregard the fact that I've caught myself doing the waddle while holding my back for the past couple of days. Holy shit, where has the time gone?

__________

This morning I had someone ask me if I was due in June. For the record, it's mid September. I may want to avoid public bodies of water for fear of being harpooned. What would they be asking if I had actually gained any weight?

No comments: