Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I've got so much cycling in my brain right now that I could sit and write for hours and still not have it all down. Unfortunately, I don't get that kind of time. My office is about ready to explode at the seams, and I don't know if my digging out is actually doing anything but digging me a deeper hole.

Let's just hit the highlights.

Home Alone: the Husband and Son Story: Ugh. Little stinker was an angel. No temper tantrums, went to bed with nary a howl. Husband is looking at me like I am nuts...this is really easy! On the one hand, I'm happy that it went well. At least then I can go ahead and do some of the travel that I need to over this winter for work. On the other, I really wanted Husband to get that this isn't always easy to do by yourself. Didn't happen. Of course, he bent Son's schedule all to hell, and he is only now beginning to get back into the regular routine. Waking up at 5:20 on Saturday morning was not fun!

Debauchery Unlimited: Had a good time at my meetings, but had WAAAAAAY too much fun on one night. Seems like I tried to make up for all of that lost time away from alcohol. Put it this way, my actions on one night kept haunting me until this weekend. Stupid. I'm actually pretty embarrassed and really hope that this doesn't have repercussions further down the line. Not that I did anything other than get completely schnockered, but it wasn't my finest hour. Thank God that I was with people that I trust completely.

Down the Infertility Path: Part II: I'm getting a little amped up about our appointment with Dr. RE in a week. The more I look at Son, the more I can't wait to see him with a sibling. I'm a little worried that we may have to change the appointment though. Husband has been royally screwed (to not put too fine of a point on it) by two employees in the past week, so I don't know if he will be able to make the appointment. I really want him to be there. I hate his job sometimes, but I know that he loves it. It just is going to be a tough haul for a while.

There's other, more profound topics brewing, but I don't know if I'll be able to get to them. For the time being, I've got an appointment with PowerPoint. Oh, the fun never ends!

No comments: