Thursday, November 30, 2006

Didn't see that one coming

As I was digging through the stacks and stacks of paper that we have accumulated this past weekend, I came across some mail that Husband, as usual, had not shown me. This irritates me to no end, since I am the only one who ever does anything with the mail, either by sorting before it gets in the house and dumping it into the recycling, or actually, gasp!!, paying the bills that show up.

Anyway, a little piece of information came from my previous OB/GYN exam. Dr. Newbie had run a full blood panel, including cholesterol, HDL, LDL, etc. I had confessed that I hadn't had the levels checked in probably something like 15 years. Lo and behold, they ALL came back NORMAL! OK, so the happy dance should be tempered a bit by the fact that they were a little on the high end of normal, but I was at least 5 points below the cutoff for most of the areas, if not more. Hooray!

I know that they aren't as good as they can be, but you must remember that that last time I had my cholesterol checked, I was at 210. This time it was 190. Still not hall of fame worthy, but better. While the scale has yet to be encouraging, at least one thing is going in the positive direction. I even have my gym bag packed and under my desk as we speak. Let's see if I can make the 30 yard trip to the small gym here at work.

No comments: