Friday, December 07, 2007

We made it to Friday....

Whew, what a long week. I'm officially pooped. I'm not quite sure what I would have done if BabyA hadn't been such a good little sleeper this week. I am so looking forward to be alarmless tomorrow morning it isn't even funny. Now, if I can ignore my over-inflated mammary glands at 5:30 AM, I'll be in great shape.

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it really didn't take much to get back in the groove again. Part of it may be that I kept in touch a bit more than I did last time. There still have been some changes, but nothing that totally threw me for a loop-well, at least not yet. The jury is still out when it comes to the management change. I sat through a staff meeting on Wednesday, and it was, in a word, painful. Not so much the content, since it was pretty normal, run of the mill stuff. It was rather that NewManager was trying really, really hard. He's not what I would call a great communicator, and it was obvious. OldManager was the exact opposite, with a pretty sharp sense of humor. Just two totally different creatures. My manager, one of his other direct reports, and another attorney didn't even bother to show up. Not cool. My theory is that even though you may not like it, it is what it is, and you still have to function within the current situation. I fear that this may get much worse before it gets better, or at least stabilizes. At this point, I've already got enough work on my plate to keep me busy and not leave much time for the drama. If I'm asked for my opinion I'll provide it as the situation calls for it. Otherwise, I've got too much to do to rock the boat too much.

On other fronts, Son seems to be liking the shift in routine. He's been getting up earlier, and now he has been napping pretty darn well at daycare, which is a relief for all of us. While I was on leave, he would be so tired that he would have bags under his eyes and be a holy terror. He also seems to understand that I'm going to work now, and not just taking BabyA and going home. It may sound silly, but he seems to have noticed that I'm wearing my work badge too, and so he knows what I'm doing. He's been really good at dropoff lately too-no melt downs or clinginess. Overall, this has been a good thing for him.

BabyA seems to be adjusting as well. She has been officially pronounced as an "easy" baby by the ladies in the infant room, although I guess that they were on the fence after Tuesday, when she let them see her horns all day long. She's sleeping OK there, although a solid nap pattern is still not quite there. She seems pretty solid for a good 1-2 hour nap after noon, so I guess that we'll take that. She's sleeping well at home, although she's been tougher to get down than normal. I'm hoping that will settle down as things become more routine for her too. All of this could be shot to hell if she's teething like I think she may be. She's been gnawing on her knuckles to the point of them being raw, and has turned into a drool factory. Son cut his first tooth at four months and some change, which I guess is pretty much the same time frame as my brother and I did, so I'm expecting BabyA will follow that pattern too. Time to stock up on the baby Ty*enol!

As for me, it hasn't been that easy. I'm just plain and simple tired, and I hope that I can get used to this soon. Getting up between 5:00 and 5:45 and not getting to bed until 10:30ish has been tough this week. However, if I don't wash the bottles and make the lunches before I go to bed, I know that my morning is shot, so I don't have much of a choice. I have to admit that last night I actually took five minutes and flipped through a magazine after every one was in bed (including Husband). Ah, the freedom! After almost falling asleep in the chair, I had to make my way to bed, trying to avoid every single freaking creaky floor board. Have I mentioned that I strongly dislike this house sometimes?

It's almost five, and I think that I've done enough for my first week. I would love some time with BabyA, since I feel like I never get to see her when she isn't hungry or ready to crash for the day.

No comments: